Monday 3 August 2009

Westminster Abbey

Our last day in London, we decided to visit Westminster Abbey because of its history. My hubby was so eager to see the place and he was not disappointed at all. Everything is so impressive and full of interesting historical background. We usually see the interior on the TV screen on the occasion of the Coronation and princess Diana's funeral. We spent about 3 hours exploring the interior and then we walked toward St's James Park and Horse Gaurd Parade area. I wish I had more time to stroll around the park and take pictures but it is pity that I could not do so.

The final place that I wanted to visit is Buckingham Palace. I saw the building in front of me and I said to myself " that looks familiar, of course I saw this outstanding building on postcards when I was a kid!" I was thrilled and excited just to see the Queen's house! Hahaha! After I had taken enough pictures, my hubby and I agreed to go to China town and we had dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. I totally love the food and I wanted to go back there again, next trip surely! But, to be honest, I prefer China town in Manchester because of the gate which is bigger than the one in London. I thought that Boris had agreed to build a new gate in China town, I guess, I must have been mistaken.





Last but not least, I went to Harrods! Again I wish I had more time to explore the shop but my hubby was not in the mood. Anyway, I have bought something as a momento so I can happily say farewell to London. It was sad because I wanted to see more of London. Well, 3 days was not enough to explore thoroughly. Next trip to London is going to be all about photography for sure. No more hurried sightseeing because I couldn't cope with the fast-pace-tour with my hubby again!

No comments:

Post a Comment