Sunday 2 August 2009

Three Days in London

My hubby drove me to London on the 19th of last month, it was Friday and the traffic was as dreadful as the weather, we got stuck in the traffic because of an accident plus school holidays had started and lots of people were going on holiday just like us. It took about 5 hours till we arrived at Hamel Hemstead where we stayed. We were quite exhausted anyway we had a lovely dinner in the restaurant nearby. It was the best fish and chips I have ever had! It was my gourmet heaven,affordable and reasonably priced.

We began our trip to London on Saturday, it was my first trip to London and I was so excited! We traveled by train from Hamel Hempstead to Euston and when we arriveed at Euston station I felt the dynamic, hectic lifestyle and diversity, it was somehow different from Manchester in my opinion. I couldn't wait to explore London and the first place we visited was St's Pual Cathedral. The admission fee is not cheap but it is worth it and it was a once in a lifetime experience. When I stepped inside the building I can not find words to explain the interior decoration, it is beyond magnificence, genuinely impressive. We went up to the top of the dome and there were long queues but when we reached the viewpoint, it was breathtaking! Fortunately the sky was clear so we could see London from above. Oh! it was fantastic!! I think I fell in love with London.






After visiting St's Paul Cathedral, we went to the Tower of London but it was quite late when we arrived so we decided to walk around the area instead, I took loads of pictures of the Tower Bridge before we went on a cruise tour. Then we arrived at the dock near the House of Parliament area and there I was, stood in front of the Clock Tower which is one of the most famous landmarks in the world. After that we walked toward Trafalgar Square, we walked past Downing Street, the Queen's household cavalry then arrived at Trafalgar Square. I took a lot of pictures but I did't have enough time to play with the camera setting and the weather was cloudy and I am disappointed with the results. Anyway, I enjoyed the day so that's all matter to me.




Ps. To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment